Advantages of Nylon Rope:
- Nylon can be made to be very lustrous, semilustrous or dull and can be made quite soft to the hand
- Polyamide has good UV resistance
- It is relatively inexpensive.
- It’s quite resistant to solvents and oil, but does not like strong bases and acid.
- Resists rot and mildew but can stain particularly in water soluble stains.
- Doesn’t burn
- Nylon is strong, resistant to abrasion
- Nylon is elastic and stretches UP TO 40% (more commonly 15-25%). It makes good mooring, anchor and dock lines. It is also widely used as towing lines for this reason.
- Can be made to feel soft and pleasant to the hand.