Wheatgrass may appear like a simple grass, but it is actually among the most powerful natural detoxifying agents, since it is one of Nature’s richest source of chlorophyll and live enzymes. In fact, it has been said that one ounce of wheatgrass is equivalent in nutritional value to more than 2 pounds of leafy green vegetables. From diminishing the appetite, to reducing body odors and preventing cancer, wheatgrass has a place in your diet.
Wheatgrass contains more than 90 minerals, including potassium, calcium, magnesium and sodium as well as essential enzymes and 19 amino acids.
Benefits of Wheatgrass
- Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.
- By drinking wheatgrass digestion is improved.
- Wheatgrass juice benefits the skin as it acts as a cleanser and astringent.
- Chlorophyll in wheatgrass also helps to purify the liver.
- A small amount of wheatgrass juice in the diet prevents tooth decay, and drinking wheatgrass juice helps in eliminating body odors.
- Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will eliminate toothaches and poisons from gums.
- Wheatgrass has a high amino acid content which promotes cell regeneration and the potent source of enzymes maintains youthfulness.
- Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body and is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
- Depending on your unique needs, wheatgrass can also be used topically to treat various skin conditions.
- Wheatgrass benefits the body as a whole. It is a body cleanser, rebuilder, and neutralizer of toxins.
- Wheatgrass lessens the effects of radiation. One enzyme found in wheatgrass, SOD, lessens the effects of radiation and acts as an anti-inflammatory compound that may prevent cellular damage following heart attacks or exposure to irritants.